Link to the course: https://www.coursera.org/learn/software-security/home/welcome
Why do you learn it?
- I once used the SEED lab VM, which this course is based on
- This course (taught by University of Maryland) is the best hands-on cybersecurity course I've ever known
- I plan to study info-sec in graduate school, and this course will strengthen my fundamental knowledge
Is it free?
- By all means, yes!
- You might need to apply for a financial aid to unlock the assessment part (along with a cert), otherwise you will be unable to test your knowledge
- and don't worry, Coursera grants you free access as long as you ask them for it
What will I learn?
- Here is the syllabus of Software Security
- From the way I see it:
- Binary part
- Web part
- Code review
- Of course, this is just Software Security